Saturday, February 16, 2013

To valentine or not to valentine??

I never knew what valentines meant until the past few years! Because of budget cuts in our house due to fiscal cliffs..ha! I wasn't sure how to properly celebrate without roses,expensive dinner and godiva cholcolate.
What I figured out is what matters iss that my family and friends know that they are loved...I learned about doing heart attacks(hearts,treats..), and dollar store goodies. My. Kids look forward to a romantic dinner of noodles and white sauce. They get cards with things I love about them..kev and I celebrate with the closest weekend doing anything together.
Some people are scrooges and call it a hallmark holiday! To them I say shame on you. If you allow it to become such then you have yourself to blame. I see it as a reminder to stop and remember what you lovee about those you love! Like during thanksgiving..its not that I'm not thankful during the rest of the year its just nice to have a time of year where you take the time to remember.
   I loved valentines this year even though we had soccer practice. Each night. Leading up to vday I wrote something I loved about each of my boys and taped them in the kitchen. We ate at pinnacle peak patio with the kids, and we celebrated with a coyotes game one night later. Life is made up of reminders to love and celebrate eachother... birthdays, anniversarys, and holidays. Traditions also count!
Now go love someone for hells sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment