Friday, January 18, 2013

After The Suck

Student loans, car payment, mortgage, a new wardrobe for the growing toddler every season.  I swear she dresses better than I do.  Then, there are those crazy random expenses that you didn't even know existed.  Needless to say, at the end of the day I'm broke.  A lot. So I stress constantly for days wondering how I'm going to afford this and that and where my next Diet Coke is going to come from. So, instead of worrying, I try to have faith like the good book suggests. Then after my exercise of faith, things get much worse. I go back to my faith and put some muscle into it this time, and things get way worse and I start contemplating alternative housing options that don't include water or electricity. And then, you check the mail. An unexpected refund from the mortgage company, a rebate from the cell phone company, and you realize it's the 4th month in a row that the internet company has failed to bill you, and your husband texts you that he is getting a raise and a bonus. After a large sigh of relief, I have finally reached the "after the suck" phase! The best part about hitting rock bottom is that you can only go up! Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment